Monday 24 December 2018

How does Ghatam Karthick manage his 50-plus concerts?

Ghatam Karthick is a kind of rock star on the sabha circuit. Besides playing in a few dozen concerts, he shares his stage experiences on his FB page and connects with fans and rasikas.
We chatted with Karthick on his Season's experience

- How many concerts this Season?
About 50 concerts

- How do you play alongside such a variety of artistes?
I go with the flow of the co-artistes by imbibing and observing their style, patterns and presentation

- How do you manage this hectic season?
by keeping my mind calm and taking adequate rest.

- How does the family come in?
They are very helpful. They understand my hectic schedule and compliment me in all sides.

- The son is also busy now?
Yes. Sarvesh performs with me in my Heartbeat concerts. He puts in lot of effort to perform at the highest level. He also adds on a lot of innovative things to present our pieces in a more contemporary style and form.

- You seem very positive despite the hectic days . .
I get lot of happiness by openly appreciating the goodness in others. I don't expect anything from them. I try to spread positivity. That's all.

- How do you unwind?
I do lot of other things besides music which keeps me refreshed. 

Film songs, intelligent humour, have good, tasty food and good sound sleep helps me a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment